Saffron, Optimized Saffron with Satiereal®
Here are three helpful articles by Life Extension regarding saffron:
Saffron helps reduce colds and coughs, stomach issues, uterine bleeding, insomnia, flatulence, and even heart trouble.
Saffron is extremely rich in manganese, which helps regulate blood sugar and aids the formation of bones, tissues, and sex hormones. It also contains vitamin C which helps to fight infections and aids iron absorption.
Life Extension Optimized Saffron with Satiereal® contains 88.25 mg of satiereal saffron extract per capsule. Satiereal Saffron Extract suppresses your appetite keeping you from overeating.
In one eight-week study, women taking saffron supplements felt significantly fuller, snacked less frequently, and lost significantly more weight than women in the placebo group.
In another eight-week study, saffron extract supplementation significantly reduced appetite, body mass index (BMI), waist circumference, and total fat mass.
The many other benefits of Satiereal Saffron Extract include:
- Promotes Mood & Relaxation : A variety of studies have shown that saffron and its petals have mood benefits similar to antidepressant drugs.
Safranal and crocin regulate neurochemicals such as dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine which help reduce symptoms of mild to moderate depression.
A study showed random patients were assigned to take 20 mg of Prozac per day while others received 15 mg of the saffron rose petal twice daily. The study found that saffron had similar effects to the antidepressant drug.
Saffron affects the endocrine system and helps reduce stress and anxiety.
Due to saffron's sedative properties, people have been using it for centuries to relax the mind and to promote peaceful sleep.
- Help to Prevent Macular Degeneration : Saffron appears to improve eyesight in adults with AMD and to protect against free radical damage, which is linked to AMD. Scientists discovered that saffron can improve visual acuity as well as decrease sensitivity to light, even in those with early macular degeneration.
Crocin and crocetin found in saffron can help prevent cell damage and delay age related decline to the cells of the eye.
Safranal was found to preserve photoreceptor morphology (the mechanism in the eyes that helps study the forms of things you see), visual response, and capillary network.
In a report by The University of Sydney, saffron was found to improve vision in the elderly. In the test, the patient's vision had improved after taking saffron pills. Saffron affects the genes that regulate the fatty acid content of the cell membrane and this makes vision cells more resilient. The study indicates saffron's potential in treating retinitis pigmentosa, a genetic disease that causes permanent blindness in young people.
- Aids in Fighting Cancer : Saffron has been shown to trigger apoptosis in many different cancer cell lines. This is seen as essential in any cancer control or cancer prevention method. In fact, all three major components of saffron crocin, crocetin, and safranal have shown powerful apoptosis inducing properties.
In test-tube studies, saffron and its compounds have been shown to selectively kill colon cancer cells or suppress their growth, while leaving normal cells unharmed. This effect also applies to skin, bone marrow, prostate, lung, breast, cervix, and several other cancer cells.
According to another study crocetinic acid (a purified compound from crocetin) has the potential to inhibit pancreatic cancer. In fact, the compound obstructs cancer stem cells destroying them, helping to prevent the cancer from returning.
- May Reduce PMS Symptoms
A study of women 20-45 years of age indicated taking 30 mg of saffron daily was more effective than a placebo for treating PMS symptoms, such as irritability, headaches, cravings, and pain.
- Helps to Improve Heart Health : Due to its antioxidant properties Saffron helps maintain healthy arteries and blood vessels
Saffron is a very rich source of riboflavin, an important vitamin for the heart.
The crocetin in saffron indirectly regulates blood cholesterol levels and reduces the severity of Atherosclerosis.
Saffron can also help decrease blood pressure
- Enhances Liver Health : Saffron was found to offer protection against structural liver damages and to aid in the treatment of liver toxicity.
DIRECTIONS: Take one (1) capsule twice daily (morning and evening) with food or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, acacia gum.
Please see our full line of doctor selected Alternative Health Products
Further information is available in Dr Priscilla Slagle's medical issue Newsletters
For more guidance on how to use nutritional supplementation, go to Dr Slagle's individual website.
Click on Library of Symptoms & Health Conditions
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S.Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease