L-Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in green tea. Scientific evidence shows that Theanine stimulates the brain's production of alpha waves, making the user feel relaxed but alert and not drowsy. Alpha waves are the brain waves associated with a meditative state.
Theanine also helps the body produce other calming amino acids, such as:
- Is an important neurotransmitter in the brain, essential for proper brain functioning.
- Is critical to the way the brain controls our movements.
- Controls the flow of information between areas of the brain, especially memory, attention and problem-solving tasks.
As dopamine is released we experience feelings of enjoyment and become more motivated to do, or continue to do activities.
Without enough dopamine we feel fatigued, depressed, and experience a lack of drive and motivation.
A non-essential amino acid which functions as an inhibitory calming neurotransmitter in your brain
Other benefits of GABA include:
- May reduce symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
- May improve relaxation.
- May help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- May help suppress appetite.
- May help with premenstrual symptoms.
- May help alleviate stress, frustration remorse and tension.
An essential amino acid needed for proper body functioning. It naturally increases the serotonin levels in the brain & body.
Tryptophan is also helpful with:
- Occasional sleeplessness and is Dr Slagle's number one choice
- Low moods
- Stress protection & better functioning during stress
- Symptoms of PMS
- Improving motivation, drive, concentration
- Maintaining heathy thyroid levels
- Reducing symptoms of fatigue
- Maximizing peak mental or athletic performance
Although Theanine is used mainly to reduce stress and anxiety, studies have suggested that it is also effective in:
- Diminishing symptoms of PMS.
- Supports Cardiovascular Function.
- Improving learning performance.
- Heightening mental acuity.
- Promoting concentration.
- Supporting the immune system.
- Helping to maintain normal blood pressure.
- Counteracting the effects of caffeine & caffeine withdrawal.
L-Theanine chewable also contains:
A non-essential nutrient of the B-Complex vitamin family. And is an accessory food factor manufactured in your body. Good external sources are cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, limes, stone ground whole wheat bread, cooked beans & green beans. It functions in the metabolism of fats.
May be useful for:
- Helping with sleep problems, especially inability to fall back asleep after middle of night awakening.*
- Maintaining healthy hair.*
- Can exert a calming tranquilizing effect.*
- Preventing fatty infiltration of the liver by working in conjunction with other nutrients to stimulate normal liver management of fats.*
Taurine acts as a neurotransmitter in your brain where it is the second most abundant amino acid. Taurine plays a variety of roles in the normal functioning of the brain, heart, gallbladder, eyes, & vascular system.
Research shows Taurine has the ability to help maintain & support:
- Cardiovascular health it is the most important & abundant free amino acid in your heart & contributes to your heart muscles' contractility & regulation of its rhythm.
- Calmness & healthy sleep patterns it is an inhibitory calming neurotransmitter. Inhibitory neurotransmitters are responsible for calming the mind and body, by filtering messages, slowing down the system, and inducing sleep.
- Modulation of the immune system by re-invigorating the natural killer cells of your immune system & to stimulate the release of the immune substance, Interleukin-1
- Eye Health it is found in high concentrations in your eyes & is the most abundant amino acid in your retina.
- Healthy cholesterol levels by assisting in proper bile production & fat metabolism.
- Vegetarianism, Taurine is highly concentrated in animal & fish protein, this is why many vegetarians have low taurine levels.
- Healthy blood pressure
- Insulin sensitivity
- Healthy liver function
- Regulation of the of the central nervous system
- Healthy Gallbladder
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SEE DR SLAGLE'S TAURINE NEWSLETTER
DIRECTIONS: Take 1/8 level teaspoon daily in juice or water, preferably on an empty stomach or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Other Ingredients: Inulin (chicory root fiber), xylitol, purified water, pectin, citric acid,
malic acid, sodium citrate, natural apple flavor, coconut oil and carnauba
No wheat, gluten, soybeans, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish, or peanuts.
Please see our full line of doctor selected Alternative Health Products
Further information is available in Dr Priscilla Slagle's medical issue Newsletters
For more guidance on how to use nutritional supplementation, go to Dr Slagle's individual website.
Click on Library of Symptoms & Health Conditions
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S.Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease