Mitochondrial defense: Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from the DNA contained in the nucleus.
Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected. PQQ's antioxidant potency and favorable gene expression profile act to support mitochondrial defense.
PQQ has been shown to help:
- Promote the healing of injured nerves
- Protect against oxidative damage which is one of the key factors leading to neurodegenerative diseases
- Improve brain function
- Increase learning ability
- Improve memory
- Reduce ischemic damage
- Reduce Neuroinflammation
- Protect against oxidative damage
- Prevent glucose induced brain damage
- Protect against excitotoxicity (excessive glutamate stimulation of brain cells). This is a major factor in the development of long-term neurodegenerative disorders.
PQQ is an essential nutrient, meaning that your body cannot make it on its own. A growing body of research indicates that PQQ's unique nutritional profile supports heart health and cognitive function alone and in combination with CoQ10. This comes as no surprise, given how much energy these vital organs need.
Research shows that PQQ supports heart cell function in the presence of free radicals and promotes blood flow in the heart muscle. When taken in combination with CoQ10, 20 mg per day of PQQ has been shown to promote memory, attention, and cognition in maturing individuals.
While it has been clinically shown that 20 mg of PQQ are necessary to effectively support cognitive function, 10 mg of PQQ or even less has been clinically shown to induce mitochondrial biogenesis (growing new mitochondria) for more youthful cellular energy output.
Life Extension uses a purified, highly potent form of PQQ from Japan that is produced through a unique fermentation process. The result is BioPQQ®, the highest quality PQQ available on the market today.
THIS INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE LIFE EXTENSION FOUNDATION.
DIRECTIONS: Take one capsule once or twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare.
Other Ingredients: rice bran, vegetable cellulose (capsule),
Please see our full line of doctor selected Alternative Health Products
Further information is available in Dr Priscilla Slagle's medical issue Newsletters
For more guidance on how to use nutritional supplementation, go to Dr Slagle's individual website.
Click on Library of Symptoms & Health Conditions
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S.Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease