Katsu Kelp - Natural Chewable Root
Katsu Kelp is a combination of extract and powder of kelp roots. It is a Japanese product and the kelp for the product is collected off-shore of Hokkaido, the northern island of Japan, where the ocean waters remain unpolluted. The extraction process helps to assure that the content of sodium, which is high in most seaweeds, is kept low - reduced from 13% to 3%. It is a relatively rich source of minerals, especially:
- Iodine (which helps maintain a healthy thyroid gland)*
- Potassium (assists in forcing out unnecessary sodium in the body)*
- Calcium (helps to build strong bones and teeth, and good for activity of nerve and muscle cells)*
- Iron (plays an essential part of hemoglobin, the protein substance which enables red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body)*
- Alginic acid (provides fiber)*
- Chondroitin (mucopolysaccharide)*
Kelp may help:
- Maintains healthy blood pressure by reducing the tension of the arteries, promoting elimination of excess water and regulating sodium/potassium balance.*
- Relieves constipation by altering the water content of the intestines, probably due to the ingredient alginic acid in the form of sodium alginate, which also reduces the absorption of cholesterol.*
- In addition, it has been shown that seaweed mucopolysaccharide inhibits platelet aggregation, promotes fibrinolysis, and helps maintain healthy blood lipids*
SYMPTOMS OF DEFICIENCY:
- Weight gain
Avoid if you have an overactive thyroid or iodine sensitivity.
DIRECTIONS: Chew 5-10 tabs 1-3 times daily.
Please see our full line of doctor selected Alternative Health Products
Further information is available in Dr Priscilla Slagle's medical issue Newsletters
For more guidance in how to use nutritional supplementation, go to Dr Slagle's individual website . Once there, enter the Library of Symptoms and Health conditions with:
user name: psmdguest
Other ingredients: Extract and powder of kelp root
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.