Glucontrol is a clinically formulated blend of nutrients designed to be used with a balanced diet to support healthy blood sugar levels.
As we age our bodies begin to experience a progressive loss of glucose tolerance, characterized by prolonged post-meal elevations of glucose and insulin. Glucose tolerance as it continues to worsen, increases our risk for:
- Coronary artery disease
GluControl® contains a combination of nutrients designed to improve glucose tolerance and inhibit the development of high blood sugar. This is done by:
Each of the nutrients in Glucose Control Formula have their own use in this process. They are:
- Improving hepatic and peripheral insulin sensitivity
- Enhancing insulin-mediated uptake of glucose into cells and enhancing glycogen synthesis
- Increasing glucose oxidation and glycogen synthesis
- Increasing insulin sensitivity by enhancing cell receptor binding of insulin.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid & ascorbyl palmitate):: which inhibits sorbitol accumulation and glycosylation of proteins that cause any complications of diabetes. Studies have proven that vitamin C supplements at a dosage as low as 100 milligrams reduce the accumulation of sorbitol within cells of Type 1 diabetics. Vitamin C has shown beneficial effects upon glucose and lipid metabolism in patients with Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus.
Combining both fat soluble and water soluble forms of Vitamin C helps provide more complete protection against molecular damage.
- Vitamin E: one of the major fat-soluble antioxidants that improves insulin action and helps prevent long-term complications of diabetes, especially cardiovascular disease.
Studies reveal a strong independent association between low vitamin E status before follow-up and an excess risk of diabetes at four years.
For Type 2 diabetics vitamin E supplements reduce oxidative stress, improve membrane physical characteristics and improve glucose sensitivity and transport.
- Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate CoEnzyme B6: helps protect against the development of diabetic neuropathy and other complications of diabetes by inhibiting the glycosylation of proteins.
- Quercetin C: a flavonoid that strongly inhibits aldose reductase, an enzyme that converts blood glucose into sorbitol, which is strongly implicated in the complications of diabetes.
- Quercetin also enhances insulin secretion and protects the beta cells of the pancreas against damage by free radicals.
- Bitter Melon extract (Momordica charantia): a tropical fruit that can lower blood glucose without increasing insulin.
In one study, bitter melon significantly improved glucose tolerance in diabetics by almost 54%.
- Resbid N-acetyl cysteine:
a derivative of the sulfhydryl amino acid cysteine. Cysteine is converted into the important antioxidant, glutathione. Cysteine, in fact, is considered the rate-limiting factor in the production of glutathione. NAC has both cytoprotective and antioxidant effects and prevents complications of diabetes.
- Goats Rue (Galega officinalis):Botanical source for the life extension drug metformin (GlucoPhage). Can decrease the formation of advanced glycosylation end products.
- Cinnamon(CinSulin®)(Cinnamomum cassia)extract(bark): a standardized type-A polymer water extract (bark) of Cinnamomum cassia. In addition to supporting healthy glucose metabolism, cinnamon has been shown to support levels of lipids such as triglycerides, total cholesterol, and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) that are already within normal ranges
- Vanadium (Vanadyl Sulfate): a biologically active form of vanadium that restores sensitivity of glucose and insulin receptors. Can improve glucose tolerance and decrease cholesterol levels in Type 2 patients and decrease insulin requirements
These actions combine to stabilize blood sugar levels without abnormal and excessive insulin secretion, while simultaneously decreasing insulin requirements. These actions also inhibit the development of diabetes and its complications, including cardiopathy, angiopathy, neuropathy, retinopathy, nephropathy and other disorders of hyperglycemia.
DIRECTIONS:: 4 to 8 capsules per day in divided doses or as directed by a health care professional>
Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropylmethlycellulose(vegetarian capsule) and Magnesium Stearate.
Contains no added sugar, starch, salt, wheat, gluten, corn, coloring, dairy products, flavoring, or
Please see our full line of doctor selected Alternative Health Products
Further information is available in Dr Priscilla Slagle's medical issue Newsletters
For more guidance on how to use nutritional supplementation, go to Dr Slagle's individual website.
Click on Library of Symptoms & Health Conditions
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S.Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease